Sustainable Green Homes
What does Sustainability mean to Calm Living Homes?
We work hard to build our homes to meet the needs of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” (our children)
There is no simple definition of ‘sustainability’. It can be an idea, a property of living systems, a manufacturing method or a way of life. In fact, there may be as many definitions of sustainability as there are people trying to define it.
However Anton, the Comprehensive Building Analyst and Advisor at Calm Living Homes helps to create direction by:
- Designing our homes to consume less energy, using passive design and better construction methods.
- Reduce the use of physical resources including water and energy on site and in choice of materials used in home.
- Encourage recycling to reduce waste.
- Increase the use of renewable resources especially in timber selections.
- Were possible design to help blend into, protect and restore natural habitats and environments valued for their biodiversity or beauty within the landscaping of the new home e.g. rain, roof & wall gardens.
- Encouraging the use of building materials that hold a longer life span & strength so the home is unlikely to be pulled down in future.
- Carefully choosing the use of materials to help eliminate a toxic environment with in the home Caused by off gassing from VOC.