Now you can check building quality and have the best comfort and energy efficiency in your home
There are many different types of property inspections, all of which serve a specific purpose. At Calm Living Homes, we understand that working your way through the minefield of reports can be confusing, especially for people undertaking their first home purchase.
Fortunately, the ‘Efficient Property Inspections Report’ now provides homeowners and potential homeowners with more information, including details regarding any major defects and what is required to fix them.
Homeowners can now more easily discover ways to make a home more energy efficient – including how to reduce costs and how to make a home more comfortable. A pre-purchase home inspection will also provide insights into how to keep the house cool in summer and warm in winter, helping get the most out of their future house.
Unlike many property inspections, an ‘Efficient Property Inspections Report’ combines the building structure, resource efficiency, and common sense financial guidance on the potential of a home, into one convenient report.
Efficient Property Inspection Service
‘The Efficient Property Inspection Service’ combines the know-how of a highly reputable green builder – Anton Engelmayer from Calm Living Homes – and sustainability consultant Danielle King from Green Moves.
Through this service, prospective homeowners will receive a comprehensive outline of issues from both a building quality and energy efficiency perspective. This will help people understand the costs and the implications of the options outlined while maximising the home’s potential. The report is easily actioned, giving excellent advice whether that be for renovating an existing home or buying a new one.
This report is based on findings from a holistic look at the property, including structural and environmental factors, surroundings and more. The ‘Efficient Property Inspection Service’ is provided by a registered builder and accredited sustainability consultant at a fixed price based on house size. The service covers the site visit, creation of the report and any post report queries.
The Efficient Property Inspection Report will identify:
- Major issues or defects with the property and an appropriate course of action
- Potential maintenance issues and recommendations on solutions
- High-level estimates for any remedial actions required and the trade to provide it
- Ideas for renovation potential and design of the property (or a review of your plans and comment)
- Opportunities to maximise the energy and water efficiencies of the property
- Comment on features that offer the best value for money
- A prioritised list of actions or considerations
- Opportunities to maximise the comfort of the property and enhance future value
Who benefits from the report?
Prospective buyers who are interested in purchasing a home and making the most of the ‘Efficient Property Inspection Service’ will receive an easy-to-read report with prioritised actions, delivered via email. The report is fully insured for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
This service is best suited to those who have or are looking at a property and:
- Want to understand the options available and what is feasible with a current property.
- Are considering a renovation project or a new building project.
- Want to know about any issues a property may have in terms of workmanship, design, finish, etc.
- Want to understand the potential of a property in terms of renovation and resource efficiency.
To find out more about our ‘Efficient Property Inspections Report’ or for assistance managing your building project, the team at Calm Living Homes is here to help. For more information, get in contact with our friendly team on 0418 177 380 or fill out our online form, and we will be in touch.